The Africa Tobacco-Free Initiative envisions a continent free of tobacco-related damage, disease and death. Our specific objectives are;
Our Specific Objectives are;
- To coordinate lobbying and advocacy for relevant legislation and policies.
- To facilitate public education on the dangers of tobacco growing, use and exposure to secondhand tobacco smoke.
- To coordinate tobacco control programs to help smokers stop using tobacco and to prevent children from starting.
- To develop a rigorous system to monitor the status of tobacco use within African countries.
- To coordinate research on various tobacco control policy issues and to participate in national and international projects focused on tobacco control.
- To carry out monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of tobacco control legislation and policy.
- To mobilize the public to engage in tobacco control activities.
- To develop tobacco cessation programs and campaigns providing motivation, information and support for smokers who want to quit.