Who We Are
We are a non-profit organization focused on preventing a tobacco epidemic in Africa.
Our main objective is to eliminate tobacco-related death and disease in developing countries within Africa by preventing the initiation of new smokers, reducing exposure to secondhand smoke and decreasing overall tobacco use.
A tobacco-free Africa
We aim to reduce tobacco use in low- and middle-income countries in Africa.
- Avoiding conflict of interest: We believe that there is a fundamental and irreconcilable conflict between the tobacco industry's interests and public health policy interests in Africa.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our mission, being honest and transparent in what we do and say, and accept responsibility for our collective and individual actions.
- Collective approach: We value unity, cooperation, and collaboration based on collective trust
- Excellence: We constantly challenge ourselves to the highest levels of performance to achieve greater impact.
- Effectiveness: We believe in being results oriented, responsive, innovative, and creative in achieving our mission.
- Diversity: We strive to be inclusive, diverse, representative and gender sensitive.
Consensus building and democratic: We strive for consensus in decision making, valuing a participatory and inclusive approach.
- Accountability: We believe in transparency and accountability.